Are you interested in mental health? Would you like to talk about it?
(This text, written by Eva Milko, is a result of our partnership with Good Vibes Strategy)
Whether it’s to raise awareness of this important topic in your community, to offer new services related to psychology or to cultivate a quality relationship with your audience, there are many reasons to get involved in this cause.
But how do you do it so you don’t miss out? Indeed, bringing such a delicate subject to your clients can be a perilous exercise if you have not really questioned your initiative and your way of proceeding.
Here are a few steps to follow to ensure that your speech is a success.
Step 1: Educate your colleagues about mental health and communicate your commitment to your clients
Talking about mental health is not a trivial matter, so it’s essential that both your company’s decision-makers and your colleagues are aware of this cause in order to advocate for it. For example, it may be worthwhile to raise their awareness by organizing philanthropic events to support the cause of mental health in your company or to organize awareness workshops on psychological well-being.
It’s important that they understand that mental health is a critical issue for many people, and that by addressing it, your organization can help create a healthier, more understanding world.
Then you can start thinking about what you want to achieve by talking about this cause.
- Objective 1: Enhance corporate reputation: If your company is perceived as being committed to mental health promotion, your customers will have a better image of your organization and will be more likely to support you.
- Objective 2: Reach new customers: By offering advice on mental health issues that affect a large segment of the population, you will have the opportunity to attract the attention of a wider audience.
- Objective 3: Develop new products or services: By offering psychological content to your clientele, you will have the opportunity to enrich your current offering with new products or services related to mental health.
- Objective 4: Create business partnerships: By supporting the cause of mental health, your company will be able to create partnerships with local or national mental health organizations, which can help you increase your brand awareness.
Here are some examples to illustrate this point:
- Bell and its annual Let’s Talk campaign
- Beneva and its campaign focused on the humanity of its staff “le bon monde” and its numerous articles on mental health
- Strom Spa and its numerous contents on mental health to accompany its clients in their personal challenges
- Inkblot therapy and its online service platform Room For Her
Finally, it is very important to make your clients aware of your approach by communicating it to them. Do not hesitate to talk about the values you support and the means you wish to put in place to reach them.
Step 2: Surround yourself with experts to provide relevant and authentic psychology content
Has your company decided to talk to your customers about mental health? Great! But in order for your content to be impactful and address the specific concerns of your customers, it is important to understand them and identify their challenges. Don’t hesitate to rely on professionals to help you define your targets and develop a personalized content strategy to reach them.
In addition, consider calling on psychology professionals to offer serious and scientifically validated advice. This is indeed an essential condition to have a real impact on the well-being of your customers and to differentiate yourself from other content available on the Internet.
Moreover, calling on recognized mental health experts will give your content a great deal of credibility and will prevent you from falling into clichés and generalizations or giving your clients the impression that you don’t really understand their situation.
One last thing: be sincere. It is essential that your approach really corresponds to your values and is translated into concrete actions in the way you manage your employees or your clients. Your commitment must also be felt in your tone of voice to show your clients the sincerity of your approach and build a bond of trust with them. To do this, don’t hesitate to seek the help of professionals who will help you talk about mental health without any false notes.
Would you like to read more?
- The Rise Of Mental Health Awareness Among Gen-Z: What This Means For Brand Marketing
- Mental health: Why brands should take a stand?
- What Responsibility do Brands have Towards Mental Health?
- Marketing social (ou marketing des causes sociales)
- Marketing et causes sociales: l’intégrité éthique
- Du marketing de cause?
- Santé mentale : quel rôle à jouer pour les marques?
- Pandémie, santé mentale, marketing et travail